Eggless Banana Cake
Dry ingredients2 cups flour Wheat flour + 2 tbsp. more flour
1.5 cups white sugar or cane sugar
1.5 tsp baking soda
Wet Ingredients2 tsp vinegar or lemon juice
1 tsp vanilla extract.
1.5 cup hot water
5 tbsp. Oil or melted butter (can use coconut oil too)
1 cup + 2 tbsp. Banana puree
Preheat the oven to 180 C. Grease a baking pan, set aside.
- Mix all the dry ingredients except sugar and sieve them, set aside.
- Pour hot water, oil and vanilla extract in the sugar, and stir to melt sugar fully.
- Add vinegar, stir well.
- Add the flour to the liquid. Mix well to remove lumps, do not over do
- Stir in banana puree and mix well. Do not over do. You can see the batter slightly rising up with bubbles.
6. Pour in the baking tray and bake for 25 to 35 mins, keep checking after 25 mins, tooth pick inserted must come out clean.
7.Let cool off fully before you move ahead to frosting. I did not frost mine.